jueves, 17 de junio de 2010
1. (a) Describe the event that is taking place in the source
shown on the right.
Martin Luther expalin the 95 theses
(b)Mention one immediate consequence of this event.
The Pope excommunicated Martin Luther
1. Explain the following terms:
(a)justification by faith: That you are saved only by believing
(b) indulgences: Documents issued by the Poper to pardon sins for money
(c) Papal bull: document (law) given by Pope
(d) excommunicated: You are no longer a Christian
(e) heretic: Failure to meet the law that the church
(f) clerical celibacy:
2. Write briefly four important landmarks in the life of Martin Luther.
1. Why was the Council of Trent summoned? _To stop the Lutheran Reformation
2. Identify three conclusions reached at this Council.
(a) New ways of spreading Catholicism were created,such as cathecism and new schools
(b) New religious orders were founded to carry out the resolutions of Trent, and other orders were reformed.
(c) The Society of Jesus, founded by Saint Ignatius of Loyola in 1540, supported the Pope during the counter-reformation
3. Name five countries in Europe where the Counter-Reformation was successful and one country where it was not.
(a) Successful in: Spain, France, Italy, Portugal and Austria
(b) Unsuccessful in: Germany
WHICH ARE THE MOST DENSELY POPULATED REGIONS IN THE WORLD?Asia and África. Why? Because women no using contraception
WHICH ARE THE MOST DENSELY POPULATED COUNTRIES? The most densely populate cuntries are China and India.
Is all territory densely populated. No, because in some countries use contraceptives and other countries not
martes, 8 de junio de 2010
Porque se refiere a ellos simplemente a la tasa de natalidad
TASA DE NATALIDAD:
En 1995: 13/1000
En 1998: 14/1000
En 2000: 14/1000
En 2002: 14/1000
TASA DE MORTALIDAD:
En 1995: 8/1000
En 1998: 8/1000
En 2000: 8/1000
En 2002: 7/1000
4. Calculate the Natural Increase for Ireland in each of the four years.
TASA DE CRECIMIENTO NATURAL:
En 1995: 4/1000
En 1998: 5/1000
En 2000: 6/1000
En 2002: 7/1000
5. Write a short paragraph outlining the population changes experienced over the period from 1995 to 2002, based on this data.
Charles I: Was a king of Spain and of Holy Roman Emperor
Holy Roman Empire: The title of Carlos V
Comuneros: All of this angered the Castilians and led to the revolt of the Comuneros
Juan de Padilla: The king of Toledo, was the first city to rebel
Philip II:The son of Charles V
Viceroy: Was a king in a territorie
Ottoman Turks: Were his other great rivals to Spain
German Protestant Princes: The most serious problem of the rebellion
Elizabeth I: Was the Queen of England
Invincible Armada: To fight against England. The powerful Spanish armada was defeated in 1588
Aztec Empire: A territorie conquered by Hernan Cortés
Inca Empire: A territore conquered by Francisco Pizarro
Francisco Pizarro: He conquered the Inca Empire
Council of Indies: Which advise the king on matters of government
Viceroyalty of Peru
Viceroyalty of New SpainCasa de Contratación: A trading house in Seville
- The historical centre and the business district: Santa Maria square and center of transports
- The main residencial areas: Avd El Ferial and the urbanitations of the Pinar and the around
- the industrial areas: The centre of transports
- the main streets: Avd El ferial, Avd Federico Silva, Avd Maragatos
viernes, 28 de mayo de 2010
• Would you be prepared to work in one of them? Why? Why not? Yes, because it is a worthy work, although he was not charging, but I like to help the others
• What problems face most people in developing countries? Health problems and food shortages
• Would their situation be better if the birth rate fell? Why? Why not?
• Why do many people in Africa die before they are 40 years old? Because they are short of food, water and health problems
• Why is a child in an underdeveloped country more likely to die than a child in a developed one? Because they catch diseases easily, ate little and hardly ever drink water